Making Home Affordable
If you’re having difficulty making your mortgage payments, take a look at Making Home Affordable, a government program that helps qualifying homeowners reduce their monthly payments.
See if you qualify
Take a look at the Making Home Affordable website and use their self-assessment tools to see if you qualify for this program. You may be able to modify or refinance your existing mortgage.
Depending on your loan type and when it was originated, you may qualify for a similar program to help you if you're having trouble paying your mortgage.
Work with MB
Only your current mortgage servicer can help you with your loan. If your loan is with MB, we’d love to help you get started.
To start the loan modification application process, fill out our form. You’ll get access to documents you need to get started.
Beware of home foreclosure rescue scams
Make sure you’re not being taken advantage of. Here are a few things to watch for:Skip Beware of home bullets/links
- There is never a fee to get assistance or information about Making Home Affordable
- Beware of any person or organization that asks you to pay a fee in exchange for housing counseling services or modification of a delinquent loan
- Beware of anyone who says they can "save" your home if you sign or transfer over the deed to your house. Never sign over the deed to your property to any organization or individual unless you are working directly with your mortgage company to forgive your debt.
- Never submit your mortgage payments to anyone other than your mortgage company without their approval
Verify a mortgage company or individual
You can verify a mortgage company or individual through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
For counseling and advice you may contact:
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) 1.800.569.4287 to obtain a HUD approved homeownership counseling agency near you or visit their website at
- American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) 1.800.769.3571 or visit their website at http://www.consumercredit.com.
Get in touch
Call us at 1.888.i bank mb (1.888.422.6562)
Monday - Saturday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.