MB Overdraft options
MB offers several ways to have a backup plan in place should emergencies happen. Being prepared means you’ll be able to cover purchases and may avoid overdraft charges.
Link to an MB savings accountSkip Link to an MB Savings Account bullets/links
- No cost to link accounts
- A $10 fee per automated transfer applies
Stop by one of our convenient banking centers located throughout Chicagoland and we’ll be happy to help you link your MB checking account to your MB savings account.
MB Guard My Card
MB Guard My Card is connected to your MB Debit MasterCard® to provide (at MB’s discretion) access to an additional $500.
- No credit check is required
- No extra effort is needed to be prepared; just make a purchase or withdrawal using your MB Debit MasterCard to cover unexpected expenses
- No extra cost to enroll but overdraft charges will apply2 footnote
- Each overdraft item incurs an overdraft fee of $37 per item presented, up to a limit of 5 per day
- If your account is overdrawn for 2 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $6.50 per day, for up to 16 calendar days. That fee will begin on the second business day.
Stop by one of our banking centers to enroll in MB Guard My Card.
ReserveLink™ line of credit
This is an unsecured line of credit tied to an MB checking account that can be used as backup funds for unexpected expenses.Skip ReserveLink Line of Credit bullets/links
- This service provides a loan, and current interest rates are charged
- Requires credit approval
- A one-time $50 processing fee applies
- You won’t be charged overdraft fees, but interest on the amount you borrow will apply3 footnote
Stop by one of our convenient banking centers located throughout Chicagoland and we’ll be happy to help you apply for a ReserveLinkTM line of credit.
1 Link to savings account. There must be sufficient funds in the linked savings account to cover transactions. To access funds via a debit card transaction, opt-in to MB Guard My Card is required. Back to top
2 MB Guard My Card. The bank may pay overdrafts up to $500 on qualified checking accounts. You may incur more than one overdraft fee per day. You pay the overdraft fees for overdrawing your account but you aren’t charged extra (unless your account remains overdrawn for 2 or more consecutive business days) in exchange for the bank honoring your withdrawal even though funds were not available. The order in which debits are paid may be important if there is not enough money in your account to pay all of the items that are presented. Please see the “Payment Order of Items” section of your Account Disclosure Information for more information. To maintain your enrollment in MB Guard My Card, your account must remain in Good Standing. Being in Good Standing includes continually meeting the following criteria: active status; open at least thirty (30) days; deposit made in last thirty (30) days; balance that is not negative for more than fifteen (15) consecutive days. Your overdraft limit may increase over time. Please carefully read the complete Guard my Card Terms and Conditions (PDF). Debit card for qualified account holders only. Back to top
3 ReserveLink™. This is a fixed rate loan product. Minimum payments must be made of $25 or 5% of the outstanding loan balance, whichever is greater. Closing of the linked checking account, for any reason, requires the pay off of the entire outstanding balance immediately. To access funds via a debit card transaction, opt-in to MB Guard My Card is required. Back to top
Get in touch
Call us at 1.888.i bank mb (1.888.422.6562)
Monday - Saturday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.