Prepaid card FAQs
The MB Everyday MasterCard Prepaid Card (MB Everyday Card) is a card that allows customers to pay for goods and services. Unlike a credit card, funds are loaded onto the card before the card can be used. Once funds are loaded onto the card, it can be used at most places that MasterCard is accepted both in person and online. The card can also be used to access cash at participating ATMs. Prepaid cards are an effective way to manage your money because you are only able to spend or access the amount of money you have stored on the card. Setting up direct deposit or adding more funds to the card is easy and provides a safe way to keep track of your money and your spending.
It is important to review all card fees prior to purchasing the card. Card fees can be provided by your MB Banker or Teller. A detailed explanation of fees and functionality of the card is also contained within the cardholder agreement and is provided upon purchase. When you purchase and register an MB Everyday Card, you open a card account and you agree to follow all of the rules, terms and conditions outlined in the Cardholder Agreement included with the card.
The MB Everyday Card is not a checking or savings account as you cannot write checks and the balance does not earn interest, but like traditional banking accounts, it can be a useful tool to manage your money.
- For example, you can load funds to the card and use it to make purchases or ATM withdrawals. You can also have your paycheck or benefits check direct deposited to the card. The funds loaded to your card do not expire, and there is no time limit for spending this money, so you can build up your card balance if you are saving for a large purchase or payment. The card can store up to $10,000. If you choose to do this, you will still need to use the card occasionally or a $5.00 dormancy fee will be charged after 6 months of inactivity if you are on the Pay-As-You-Go plan.
Yes. You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase and register the MB Everyday Card. A companion card can be opened for individuals who are 13 years of age or older. Anyone you authorize to use your card must be 13 years of age or older and is also required to follow all card rules. Please refer to the Cardholder Agreement for all card rules, terms and conditions.
After you purchase a card, be sure to visit the website www.mbeveryday.com. The first time you sign in, you will use the temporary password you received when you purchased your card and will be prompted to choose a new, personal password. The card will then be registered and you will then be able to sign in to the website to check your available balance or view your transaction history.
Some important tips:
- Keep the Customer Service Number in a safe place. Write down the Customer Service Number and keep it in a place separate from your card. This will be very helpful if your card is ever lost or stolen. The Customer Service Number is 1.888.422.6562.
- Keep your contact information current. It is also your responsibility to keep your personal contact information current, including your current email address. You can update your personal information by visiting an MB Branch location or by calling the Customer Service Number on the back of your card.
- Don’t forget to sign your card. The person who purchases the MB Everyday Card and in whose name the card is issued must sign the back of the card in the designated space.
There are three ways to keep track of your card balance:
- Log in to www.mbeveryday.com to view your transaction history and card balance. There is no charge for this service.
- Call Customer Service at 1.888.422.6562, and then listen for the “Prepaid Card” prompt. There is no charge for this service.
- Do a “Balance Inquiry” at an ATM. The first two per month are free; check the current fee schedule for the fee for additional “Balance Inquiries” each month.
You may request an additional card on your account for another person. This is called a “Companion Card.” Only two cards may be linked together (one primary cardholder and one companion cardholder). The primary and the companion cards will have access to the same funds. When requesting a companion card, you will need to provide your companion’s personal information including Name, Address, Date of Birth, and a valid form of identification. MB Financial Bank reserves the right to deny your request for an additional card.
Both the primary and companion cardholder are governed by the Cardholder Agreement and are responsible for complying with all rules that govern use of the MB Everyday Card. Instructions we receive from one cardholder will apply to the other cardholder. We will provide any notices regarding linked cards only to the person who requested the linked card.
There are three ways to add more money to your reloadable card:
- FREE - Add funds (cash or checks) by going to an MB Financial Bank location.
- FREE - Arrange for your employer or benefits provider to make a direct deposit to your card account. If you have a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more your monthly maintenance fee is waived if you are on the Monthly Fee Advantage plan.
- Load your card by purchasing a Green Dot® MoneyPak™ Reload™. Visit www.moneypak.com to find locations. A third-party fee may apply.
If you load funds from checks to your MB Everyday Card account, funds from those checks may take from one to eight days to clear and be available to you. MB reserves the right to change acceptable card funding methods at any time for legal or other reasons.
You can use your MB Everyday MasterCard Prepaid Card anywhere MasterCard Debit Cards are accepted. You can use it either with you 4 digit Personalized Identification Number (PIN) or by Signature.
Signature Purchase: Swipe your card at the point- of- sale terminal and press “Clear,” “Cancel,” or “Credit” to process your transactions as a signature purchase. Then, sign your name when you are prompted to do so. Signature purchase transactions are FREE if you are enrolled in the Monthly Fee Advantage plan or $1 per transaction if you are enrolled in the Pay-As-You-Go plan.
PIN Purchase: Swipe your card and press “Debit,” then enter your PIN when prompted. To keep your card secure, never write your PIN on your card or share your PIN with anyone. PIN purchase transactions are FREE if you are enrolled in the Monthly Fee Advantage plan or $1 per transaction if you are enrolled in the Pay-As-You-Go plan.
Yes. The maximum ATM withdrawal amounts are $500 per day, $1,500 per week, and $5,000 per month. Use the “withdrawal from checking” or the “withdraw from prepaid” option on the keypad to withdraw funds at an ATM.
A note about ATM service fees: Withdrawals you make at ATMs owned by MB Financial Bank are free. If you use an ATM owned by another financial institution or company, you may be charged a fee by the ATM owner and a fee by MB Financial Bank. Please see your Cardholder Agreement for a complete list of fees.
The most common reasons a transaction is declined are:
- Not enough funds are available on the card. Please check your funds availability and transaction history.
- The restaurant or merchant you patronized authorized the transaction for 20% more than the original purchase price to cover a possible gratuity.
- You attempted to use your card at a “Pay at the Pump” gas station and there is a temporary hold that may exceed the available balance on your card. Please make sure to pre-pay for any gas purchases with the cashier. Do not swipe your card at the pump or you may incur a hold amount that exceeds your gas purchase amount.
- There is an extended hold placed on your card from activity at a hotel, car rental, or similar merchant.
With direct deposit, your check is automatically loaded to your prepaid card account and is available sooner than regular check deposits. It’s safer than a paper check, and you’ll never have to worry about getting to the bank to make a deposit.
A direct deposit form is available to you on your Cardholder Website that you can access by going to www.mbeveryday.com. This form is pre-filled to include your name and address, card account number, and card routing number. You can print this pre-filled Direct Deposit form and give it to your employer or benefits provider. If you need help, you can also call Customer Service at 1.888.422.6562 or visit your local MB Branch.
Get in touch
Call us at 1.888.i bank mb (1.888.422.6562)
Monday - Saturday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.